ivo@setyadi:~$ ivo.blogspot.com

# catatan teknis, sejak 2001

Transposable elements sebagai sumber evolusi genom

Hampir setengah dari genom manusia terdiri dari transposable elements, fragmen genetik bergerak asal virus yang dapat berpindah ke lokasi lain dalam DNA. Lama dianggap sebagai genomic junk atau parasit yang merusak, elemen ini ternyata menyediakan bahan mentah untuk adaptasi biologis dan pembentukan plasenta mamalia. Topik ini layak dibaca untuk memahami bagaimana kompleksitas genom muncul dari gesekan molekuler, bukan desain yang bersih. Kekurangannya, kita masih belum memahami bagaimana host genome mampu mengelola pustaka internal yang destruktif ini tanpa mengalami kerusakan total. sumber: quantamagazine.org my other side: setyadi.com

I got flowers today

2001-06-18 · #Kliping #Renungan

a story of a woman:

I GOT FLOWERS TODAY

I got flowers today.
It wasn't my birthday or any other special day.
We had our first argument last night,
and he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me.
I know he is sorry and didn't mean the things he said.
Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today.
It wasn't our anniversary or any other special day.
Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to choke me.
It seemed like a nightmare.
I couldn't believe it was real.
I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over.
I know he must be sorry,
because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today,
and it wasn't Mother's Day or any other special day.
Last night, he beat me up again.
And it was much worse than all the other times.
If I leave him, what will I do?
How will I take care of my kids?
What about money?
I'm afraid of him and scared to leave.
But I know he must be sorry,
because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today.
Today was a very special day.
It was the day of my funeral.
Last night, he finally killed me.
He beat me to death.
If only I had gathered enough courage and strength to leave him,
I would not have gotten flowers today.

$ cd ~/

$ cat comments/ (0)